|Application||WB, IHC, IF,ELISA|
|Reactivity||Human Mouse Rat|
|Storage buffer||10 mM sodium HEPES (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 µg/ml BSA, 50% glycerol and less than 0.02% sodium azide.|
|Storage||Store at –20°C.|
1. Aspirate media from cultures and Wash the cells with 1X PBS. 2. Lyse cells by adding 1X SDS sample buffer and transfer the extract to a microcentrifuge tube. Keep onice. 3. Sonicate for 10–15 sec to complete cell lysis and shear DNA. 4. Heat a 20 µl sample to 95–100°C for 5 min, then cool on ice. 5. Centrifuge for 5 min (with Microcentrifuge). 6. Load appropriate volumes of samples onto SDS-PAGE gel (loading quantity of protein sample depends on the concentration of extracted proteins). NOTE: At the same time, please load the pre-stained molecular weight markers to determine molecular weights and verify electrotransfer. 7. Electrotransfer to nitrocellulose/PVDF membrane.
Membrane Blocking and Antibody Incubations
1. (Optional) After transfer, wash the transferred membrane with TBS for 5 min at room temperature. 2. Incubate the membrane in the blocking buffer for 1 hr at room temperature. 3. Wash three times for 5 min each with TBST.
b. Antibodies Incubation
1. Incubate membrane and primary antibody (at the appropriate dilution and diluent recommended) in a primary antibody dilution buffer with gentle agitation overnight at 4°C. 2. Wash three times for 5 min each with TBST. 3. Incubate membrane with an appropriate second antibodydissolved in the blocking buffer with gentle agitation for 1 hr at room temperature. 4. Wash three times for 5 min each with TBST. 5. Proceed with detection.
Detection of Proteins
1. After antibodies incubation, Wash membrane three times for 5 minutes in TBST. 2. PrepareECL Reagent (or other chromogenic agents/substrate according to your second antibody). Mix well. 3. Incubate substrate with membrane for 1 minute, remove excess solution (membrane remains wet), wrap in plastic and expose to X-ray film.
NOTE: Do not allow slides to dry at any time during this procedure.
1. Deparaffinize/hydrate sections:
1. Incubate sections in three washes of xylene for 5 min each.
2. Wash sections two times in dH2O for 5 min each.
For Citrate: Heat slides in a microwave submersed in 1X citrate unmasking solution until boiling is initiated; continue with 10 min at a sub-boiling temperature (95°-98°C). Cool slides on bench top for 30 min.
1. Wash sections in dH2O three times for 5 min each.
Specimen Preparation (forcultured cell lines, IF-IC)
1. Aspirate liquid, then cover cells to a depth of 2–3 mm with 4% formaldehyde diluted in 1X PBS.
1. Add theblocking buffer and incubate for 60 min at RT.
|Specificity||YY1 Rabbit Recombinant mAb detects endogenous level of total YY1.|
|Background||The Gli-Kruppel-type transcription factor Yin Yang 1 (YY1) is a ubiquitously expressed, multifunctional protein that can function as an activator, repressor, or initiator binding protein depending on its promoter context, chromatin structure, and interacting proteins. YY1 interacts directly or indirectly with many key proteins including the components of 1) RNA polymerase II transcription machineries, such as RNA polymerase II, TFIIB, TBP and TAFII55, 2) transcription factors, such as Sp1, c-myc, c-myb and CREB, and 3) histone-modifying complexes, such as p300, CBP, HATs, HDACs, PRMT1, and PhoRC and INO80. It can cause different outcomes when it undergoes various post-translational modifications. YY1 regulates a vast array of genes playing critical roles in development, differentiation, and cell cycle.|